Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So far...(kids are so funny)

So far...I have looked forward to going to teach each day. I am happy to say I don't experience all the stressors of having my own class; so I think I actually enjoy the students even more. So the kids are so funny- a second grader told me last week "Mrs. Katie I have a question, why do you look so pretty today?" I then asked him " Did I not look pretty yesterday?" lol. I was asking students in my 2nd grade reading group about a time when they had to get a gift for a loved one and a little boy raised his hand and says, " I remember when I had to go buy my cousin a dead body!" The other students all looked at each other in surprise and then busted out with a loud laugh. I then asked the student where he had to go to get this body and he replied, "At the Halloween store, so we could put it on the lawn for decoration." Everyone began to realize that it was a Halloween gift and not an actual dead body! I told the little boy that next time he tells that story he should probably explain the Halloween part first before mentioning the dead body part.

No comments:

Post a Comment